Top 5 Common Mistakes Start-Ups Make
Wednesday, September 26 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Calgary
- The business plan
- What’s your structure?
- Staffing: You can’t do everything
- Cash flow and financing
- Taxes – even when operating at a loss, are you ready for the big time?
- To be able to identify the value of developing a business plan
- To be able to identify business structure
- To get a better understanding of monitoring cash flow
- To be able to make informed decisions regarding taxes
Speaker: Shannon West
Shannon grew up in Winnipeg where she got an Advanced Business Administration, major in Accounting certificate. She went on to receive a CGA (now CPA) degree. She’s worked her way up through Clerk positions to Controller before moving to Atlanta, Georgia to work and live for 8 years. While there, Shannon was a Regional Controller. She has worked in various industries, but primarily in the field of manufacturing.
Shannon was certified in Prosci Change Management methodology last August.
***This workshop is suitable for all levels!***