How To Produce Online Courses So You Can Reduce Training Costs And Reach More Customers
Thursday, April 4 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Edmonton
Can’t get customers to show up for your live training sessions? Wondering why you don’t get as many members out to your annual conventions as you would like to? Hate spending so much money to pay experts to do professional development training for your staff?
You know you’ve got great information to teach. But you also know that many of the people you want reach only want to learn on their own time, whenever it’s convenient for them. Which means that’s it’s time to offer your own online courses, but where do you start?
Have no fear because in this session Gordon Sheppard will give you a practical understanding of everything you need to know when it comes to producing and marketing online courses for your organization. He’ll also give you an honest assessment of what will happen if you don’t.
Learner Outcomes Include:
- Figuring out how to change Senior Leadership attitudes when it comes to embracing new technology
- Understanding how to produce your first online course and how much it will cost
- Learning how to market an online course so that you reach as many people as possible
- Finding out how to connect the whole process to your overall Marketing Strategy so that you make the best use of your overall resources
- Understanding the real threat of remaining ‘status-quo’ and what will happen if you don’t move quickly into the digital age of content producing and marketing (e.g. Blockbuster)
About your facilitator: Gordon Sheppard
With more than 25 years of communications and marketing experience Gordon Sheppard has helped a wide variety of clients create highly impactful marketing and educational materials. He has worked as the Manager of Creative Services for Citytv and as an educational video producer for ACCESS TV and TVOntario. He is a also a Professional Speaker, Meeting Facilitator, Consultant, Trainer and Author and he has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, a Bachelor’s Degree in Drama and Prosci Change Management Certification. Gord is also a proud husband, father and dog walker (with Freckles, the 15 lb. Terrier).