Getting Money: What Lenders and Investors Want
Wednesday, March 18 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Calgary
46 more seats available
This session explains to the business owner the financial and non-financial information a bank or investor uses to evaluate a loan/investment request, and explains the steps necessary to prepare a business for presentation to a lender and/or investors.
• Why will I need additional financing and capital?
• What are the typical sources for financing?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages?
• How are lenders and investors different?
• Why do I need a business plan and how do I create one?
• What are leverage ratios and how should I use them?
• How do leverage ratios vary between business types?
• How do lenders look at my business?
• To understand how a bank or investor will evaluate their business and the steps necessary for the owner to get their financial statements and business plans in order for presentation to lenders and investors.
About the Speaker:
Shannon West grew up in Winnipeg where she obtained her Advanced Business Administration certificate as well as her CPA, CGA degree. She started her career in Accounting in Winnipeg, then expanded it further in Georgia, USA and now lives in Calgary. Throughout her career at the Senior Manager level, she has gained experience in many industries, always participating in initiatives to move the company forward. Shannon is certified in both Change Management and Emotional Intelligence (EQ). She is an entrepreneur, owning a Consulting company – RemiFox Management Inc. through which she provides Management Consulting services in all 3 areas. Shannon enjoys volunteering her time in the area of Financial Literacy as well as personal development and serving the community.