Financial Ratios and Why They Matter to Your Business
Tuesday, March 19 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Calgary
This is a basic session explaining the calculation and interpretation of financial ratios.
- How profitable is my business?
- How do my profits compare to the industry?
- What’s the trend in my profits?
- How quickly are we growing?
- Can we pay the bills?
- Can we pay the bank?
- Am I getting a return on my investment?
- To be able to calculate the key financial ratios for your business and understand the meaning of the calculations
- To be able to interpret the results to better manage your business
The Speaker: Shannon West
Shannon grew up in Winnipeg where she obtained her Advanced Business Administration certificate as well as her CPA, CGA degree. She started her career in Accounting in Winnipeg, then expanded it further in Georgia, USA and now lives in Calgary. Throughout her career at the Senior Manager level, she has gained experience in many industries, always participating in initiatives to move the company forward. Shannon is certified in both Change Management and Emotional Intelligence (EQ). She also is an entrepreneur, owning a Consulting company – RemiFox Management Inc. through which she provides training and speaking services. Shannon enjoys volunteering her time in the area of Financial Literacy as well as personal development and serving the community.