Effective Tax Strategies
Tuesday, February 6 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Calgary
- Understanding Tax Laws
- Tax Planning
- Keep Detailed Records
- How to Achieve Tax Goals
- Reduce Taxable Income
- Tax Deductions vs Tax Credits
- Increase Deductions
- Use Tax Credits
- Tools and Resources
- Develop effective strategies to minimize the amount of tax to pay
- Understanding basic tax law
- Learn how to be proactive in tax planning and detailed record keeping
- Understand the three main categories for tax planning and detailed record keeping
- Understand the three main categories for tax planning: reducing income subject to tax, maximizing deductions and using all allowable tax credits to save money
Lisa Matthews is a Regional Leader with Primerica Financial Services Ltd. She also volunteers with CPA Canada’s Financial Literacy Program.
For over 25 years Lisa has been growing her skills in both financial services and accounting in numerous organizations including Imperial Oil, Suncor, Shell, London Life, Sun Life, RBC Royal Bank,TD Financial Services, NOLA Accounting & Tax Services, and the Government of Newfoundland & Labrador.
In keeping with Primerica’s Goal to create Financially Independent Families, Lisa’s passion and dedication centers around building strong, enduring relationships with families built on trust, kindness and honesty to identify their short and long-term dreams and develop customized solutions to obtain financial security. As a CPA Financial Literacy Volunteer, Lisa is very dedicated to sharing her knowledge to improve financial literacy of all Canadians.
Lisa holds a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), FCCA (Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CGA (Certified General Accountant), CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation(s) and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance & Accounting) from Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador.