Building the Foundation: Business Modeling
Wednesday, January 17 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
ATB Entrepreneur Centre, Edmonton
23 more seats available
All business is built around a business model so it’s important to know how to form and apply a model to your company. But are you aware of the different types of business models that have been applied and proven across different industries and sectors? We will take a look at some of the common, tried & true, and new age business models to help you decide and/or flush one out for yourself using the business model canvas. Whether you’re still validating your business model, looking for new and innovative approaches to your existing model, or just don’t know where to start, come join the discussion and let’s work on building that foundation.
**This workshop is suited for all levels and stages of business.
About your facilitator: Sandra Spencer, CEO, Nimble Strategizing
Sandra Spencer has worked in the Alberta innovation ecosystem for over 7 years before incorporating her company Nimble Strategizing,
based in Edmonton, Canada, this year. Through Nimble Strategizing, she works with startups and business owners in 5 areas:
- Requesting capital – coaching and development of pitches aimed at raising capital from investors
- Strategic planning for companies looking to scale – building long term visions achieved through short term goals
- Operational efficiency – identifying key processes, procedures, and policies for long term success
- Business modeling – building a sustainable business that serves the needs of your customers while maintaining a competitive advantage
- Validation – testing and addressing the risks of your business idea through customer development and testing minimum viable products/services.
In addition, she works with organizations to develop and delivery training programming for startups and business owners This includes working with:
Valhalla Private Capital Group in a number of roles including:
- Executive Director, BaseCamp providing training and support for companies looking to access private capital
- Entrepreneur Director, The Seed Global, promoting education and mentoring related to private capital in emerging markets including South East Asia and Latin America
- Entrepreneur Director VA Angels supporting in deal screening and helping entrepreneurs access VA Angels investors.
321 Sales Academy where she is supporting bringing their B2B Sales Accelerator to Edmonton which helps B2B startups and fast-growth companies achieve sales traction. Using a lean approach, we help align the entire organization – including sales, marketing and product – to drive more revenue, faster. www.321salesacademy.com
NABI (Northern Alberta Business Incubator) where she provides one on one coaching Monday afternoon at their St. Albert Commons location. http://www.nabi.ca/Blog/TabId/1466/PostId/251/nabi-commons-business-coach- profile-sandra-spencer.aspx
Bookings are closed for this event.